Hi, I’m so glad you’re here.
I’ve been working with my own MTHFR issues for more than a decade and a half now, both as a naturopathic doctor and just as a human. I want to help you reach your health goals.
I want to connect with one million mutants by the end of 2025 and share our healing journeys. That’s my goal – it’s the Million Mutant Challenge.
I’m Amy. I’ve had a private practice since 2003, run an integrated wellness center, taught at both the masters and doctoral levels, and co-hosted a number of radio shows. I host the To Health With That! MTHFR podcast and an amazing community called Genetic Rockstars for us MTHFR folks to connect, share stories, and become better.
I’m a mom and a wife and I do all sorts of nerdy things like write books for middle-grade and young adult readers and make my own soap. I’m excited to talk to you about the MTHFR mutation, because it’s my passion project. I have a compound heterozygous MTHFR issue and working on my methylation has changed my life – I want to help you change yours too.
Thanks for looking and listening and if you have any comments, suggestions, or ideas, reach out! I”d love to hear them.
Let’s Work Together!
There are three ways to work with me.
- Join Genetic Rockstars – it’s free and I’m there to answer questions. It can be a great first step if you aren’t sure you want to commit to coaching.
- Join the MTHFR Academy – this is by far the best way to work with me because I get to do what I’ve dreamed about doing with my clients for years – coach you every week so that you can make the best decisions for your health when I’m not around. This helps you become your own MTHFR expert, to know what your body is saying to you and how to listen. We do weekly coaching calls and Office hours where you get to ask every question you’ve got. This is the fastest track to health. Also, you’ll get a special price on one-on-one coaching sessions if you need them.
- Get one-on-one coaching – this is a great option if you really hit a wall and can’t figure out where to go from here. If you’re just starting on your journey I recommend the MTHFR Academy as the quickest way to get started.
*All Visits Scheduled In Eastern Standard Time*
FAQs About One-on-One Health Coaching for MTHFR
What Can I Expect The First Visit?
In order to help you, I need to get to know you. We’ll talk it all out, including your health history, lifestyle, self-care, and emotional well-being. This takes one-and-a-half hours for adults and an hour for kiddos under 10.
How Should I Prepare For My First Visit?
- Fill out all the new-client paperwork in the client portal
- Upload any recent/relevant lab work
- If your health history is complex, consider writing me a timeline.
- If you take a lot of medications or supplements, a list of those would be helpful.
How Will We Meet?
Phone, Skype, or Zoom. Whichever you prefer. Just shoot me an email (on the client portal or to firstname.lastname@example.org) to let me know.
What Does It Cost?
Adult New Client – 1.5 hours – $499
Child New Client – 1 hour – $330
Typical follow-up – 30 minutes – $165
Extended follow-up – 45 minutes – $250
Long follow-up – 1 hour – $330
Phone or Email Questions or Check-Ins:
General questions: Free within reasonable use.
I consider this to be part of our relationship and will only bill if emails are frequent or complicated.
Complicated emails (requiring research): $125
Questions requiring more time: Billed as regular visits.