Welcome! I’m Amy. I’m here to help you optimize your genetic gifts so you can live your healthiest, happiest, most productive life.
You Are the Perfect Fit for Genetic Rockstars if:
- You know or suspect you have an MTHFR mutation and want to be the best and healthiest version of yourself.
- You are the classic overachiever, always pushing, always working, always striving but having a hard time with balance.
- You are the black sheep – artistic, passionate, and intense, Struggling to leave your mark on the world without getting eaten up.
- You are the parent, partner, bestie, or caregiver for someone with the MTHFR mutation and you want to be there for them.
Amy is a life, genetics, and health coach and host of the To Health With That! Podcast. Season One is all about the MTHFR mutation. She helps clients like you find the happiest, healthiest, most productive path that actually works in real life. She’s a naturopathic doctor, has a B.A. in psychology, and has been on her own journey with a compound heterozygous MTHFR mutation. Helping others with the MTHFR mutation and other genetic variants is her passion and service project.
- Lowering Homocysteine with MTHFRAs with everything to do with MTHFR, balancing your methylation and boosting your B vitamins, especially B2, folate or 5-LMTHF, and B12, is the first step. Balance your methylation! There are some other things you can look into as well. MTHFR Isn’t The Only Cause of High Homocysteine Of course, our focus is MTHFR, but … Continue reading Lowering Homocysteine with MTHFR
- MTHFR and Homocysteine By The NumbersThese past few weeks we’ve gone over some general information about MTHFR and homocysteine, the link between methionine and homocysteine, and the new information about MTHFR, homocysteine, and Covid-19. What we haven’t talked about is Homocysteine testing and parameters – what is normal, what isn’t, and what is considered normal but maybe shouldn’t be. Testing … Continue reading MTHFR and Homocysteine By The Numbers
- Homocysteine, MTHFR, and Covid-19. What We Know Now.Of course in a pandemic we all want to know how it might affect us specifically, with all of our genetic differences. That research takes time and money and usually comes after the big stuff (like how does this spread and why does it kill people.) In good-ish news, Covid-19 has now officially been around … Continue reading Homocysteine, MTHFR, and Covid-19. What We Know Now.
- Methionine, MTHFR, and Homocysteine.The link between MTHFR and homocysteine is clear – if you aren’t familiar with that part of the picture, you can brush up with last week’s topic. The link between methionine and homocysteine is clear as well since they loop together in the methionine cycle with dietary methionine converting into homocysteine as a by-product, then … Continue reading Methionine, MTHFR, and Homocysteine.
- MTHFR and Homocysteine – The BasicsHigh homocysteine is often the first indication of an MTHFR issue, and it’s certainly the one that doctors take the most seriously. There is a good reason for this. Homocysteine is implicated in heart disease including heart attack and stroke, so it shouldn’t be taken lightly. What is Homocysteine? Homocysteine is an amino acid that is … Continue reading MTHFR and Homocysteine – The Basics
- Detoxification for MTHFR, RevisitedMTHFR and detoxification are intimately linked. Having a methylation issue impairs detox of many substances including heavy metals and hormones to name a few, but also when those branches of detoxification are impaired it can generally affect the speed at which other substances are able to be eliminated. So actively supporting those elimination pathways is … Continue reading Detoxification for MTHFR, Revisited